Ref: CATO 13-16
Army Cadet League of Canada Policy 13.1
Application forms are included in this post and are available at the administration office.
Ref: CATO 13-16 Annex D para 6
The recipient must have a complete knowledge of the activities of the
cadet movement and must meet the following requirements:
a. have a high level of physical fitness;
b. have qualified to a training level not below:
(2) Silver Star in the Army Cadets,
c. have met all requirements of their corps/sqn’s mandatory training program and
attended at least 75% of the scheduled training parades in the year of nomination;
d. have met all requirements of their corps/sqn’s optional/support training
program and participated in at least 50 per cent of scheduled activities in the year
e. have completed three years as a cadet; and
f. be regarded by peers and supervisors as exemplifying the model cadet.
Ref: CATO 13-16 Annex E para 6
The main objective in awarding the RCL Cadet Medal of Excellence is to
emphasize the citizenship aspects of the cadet program. To be eligible for
consideration, a cadet must meet the following conditions:
a. met all requirements of the corps/sqn annual mandatory and optional training
b. participated in a minimum of three community service events, in addition to
those supported by the cadet corps/sqn;
c. regarded by peers and superiors as exemplifying the model cadet; and
d. enhanced the cadet corps/sqn through:
(1) co-operation with peers and subordinates,
(3) promoting goodwill and morale within the corps/sqn,
(4) aiding in the development of group identity and cohesiveness,
(5) supporting and assisting fellow unit members, and
(6) his/her involvement in the local community.
3. The onus shall be on the individual cadet to apply for this award on form “Application for the Army Cadet Service Medal” (attached).
4. To qualify for this award, a serving cadet must have successfully completed four calendar years (from enrolment date) of honourable service with no serious infractions, and be recommended by the Cadet Corps Commanding Officer. All Army Cadets past or future shall be eligible for this award.
All applications are due by 1600 hours on
March 10, 2018 to the Administration officer. No late applications will be accepted.